Spring is just around the corner and many of us feel housebound during this time. But there might be a silver lining for your home. Many of us are unable to find the time or energy we need to complete some home maintenance and improvement projects due to our constant hustle-and-go.
You can save money on home repairs by following these simple steps. Call your Myrtle Beach Handyman if you have any home projects you are unable or unwilling to complete.
Spring Maintenance Checklist
First, Create a home maintenance list. A list of home improvements, house repairs, or other maintenance tasks should be kept. Note the date you completed each task in your list. This list can be used as your Spring to-do list. Keep it with you so that you can refer back to it later.
- -Organize yard equipment and tools in your garage.
- -Tune up your bicycles and other outdoor gear to make sure they are safe and usable.
- -To ensure safety and prevent unwelcome repairs or downtime, inspect and sharpen garden tools and lawns.
- -Prune trees and shrubs to remove stray branches from walkways and driveways. You can avoid costly repairs by preventing shrubbery and tree branches from touching your home.
- -Central air should be checked regularly to make sure it is in working order. Air conditioner damage can be caused by low temperatures. Be sure to clean or replace the AC filter.
- -Check the attic for adequate ventilation to ensure cooling systems work more efficiently.
- -Check for signs of animal nests or pests by opening vents where necessary. Pest control should be done as soon as possible to avoid further problems.
- Ensure that smoke alarms work properly and are safe. Many states require you to have a carbon monoxide alarm. You should test every smoke alarm in your house on a regular basis. Also, make sure to replace the batteries.
- -For wood decks and fences. These can be checked and repaired quickly to ensure safety. Check for termites and decay in wooden structures and nail in loose boards.
- -Check for cracks or holes in siding or paint.
- -Repair cracks in concrete driveways and patios to stop erosion below the surface.
There are no jobs too big or small. Call The Myrtle Beach Handyman today to get one of our skilled handyman contractors to help you with your yard and house projects.