Make your home more organized this winter by creating a mudroom with the help of your Myrtle Beach handyman. It is important to have one specific area of the house where you and the rest of your household – as well as your guests – could hang coats, put away shoes and boots, hats, scarves, and all other winter gear.
As the weather becomes colder, you and the rest of the family will be using your coats, boots, and other winter gear more often. Make it easier for the entire household to find their winter gear by designating a specific area in the house as a winter gear storeroom.
And since you are planning a mudroom, why not go a notch higher and make one that is not only an organized storage closet or staging area but also a command central. This will really help each member of the household to become organized and adapt to a daily routine of being neat and tidy.
Here are some tips from your local Myrtle Beach handyman to help you in planning for an organized command central.
- Choose an area in the house that you find most frequently used by the entire family in getting inside and coming out of the house. Some suggestions include the kitchen or pantry area, the garage, and your utility or laundry room. If you have entry doors in your basement, you can also consider placing your mudroom there. The key to finding the best location is one that is most frequented and actually used by each member of the family.
- Choose the most durable flooring that is available in your local market. Make sure it will be easy to clean. Expect your mudroom to always be dirty since this will be where most of the dirt will accumulate instead of being dragged and spread throughout inside your home.
- If you want tiles as flooring for your mudroom, your local Myrtle Beach handyman recommends choosing nonslip tiles for improved safety and to minimize risks.
- If you are looking for easy to clean flooring, you can opt for vinyl tiles or linoleum. These can be washed when dirty. So cleaning is a breeze. As an added tip, choose colors that effectively hide dirt so you won’t have to wash them more frequently.
- If you are after easy maintenance, concrete flooring is your best bet. Concrete flowing can be easily cleaned and to make it more attractive, you could stain or paint it.
These are just some of the basic ideas on how to build a mudroom. Call The Handyman now to start planning for your own mudroom. Speak with one of their Professional Myrtle Beach handyman
Myrtle Beach, SC
Providing you with unparalleled Myrtle Beach handyman services.