Homeowners experience different types of repairs where they need the assistance of a professional handyman in Myrtle Beach. If you find that many of these problems are repetitive, you are likely to spend a ton of money by having the repairman come back at your home several times a week. Fortunately, there are tools and products that you can easily use at home to do the necessary repairs on your own.
Useful Handyman Tools For Simple Home Repairs
- Screw-in anchors – the great thing about these anchors is they are very easy to use. In fact, they do not need pre-drilling before you can drive them in your drywall and you only need a screwdriver to install them. Despite this, however, they are known to hold firmly. You can hang different sizes of shelves and artwork on them. On the other hand, it is best to keep in mind that there is a specific type of screw-in anchor for every size of shelving or artwork that you plan to hang. Each type of screw-in anchor holds a specific range of weight.
- Stick on bumpers – aside from stopping cabinet doors from banging and helping to ensure the secure and safe closing of doors, stick-on bumpers can also be used under ceramic pots, plates, and other kitchen utensils. This will prevent these utensils from scratching your precious wooden table. You can also use stick-on bumpers to silence rattling doors and toilet tank lid. Remember to use only felt bumpers on varnished hardwood floors because they are more durable and they do not leave any marks on the wood.
- Drywall screws – other handymen refer to these as versatile screws because these are often what they use for home repairs. There is a wide range of drywall screws available in the market today that you can always find one that you can use to fasten almost anything. There are screws that can be used to drive through woods without the need for pre-drilling. Storing several packs of different types of drywall screws at home will make it easy for you to fix and resolve any home repair at once.
- Thread-lock glue – if you find the screws and knobs that hold cabinet handles are often becoming loose, Myrtle Beach handyman recommends applying thread-locking glue in the loose knob or screw before you replace it back. The best thing about using thread-lock glue is that despite tightening them, it will still allow you to remove the screw with a screwdriver without difficulty at a later time. You should also know that you need heavier-duty thread-lock glue for larger bolts and machinery.
5. Silicone and lithium grease – if there are lubricants that you need to keep at home it would be silicone and lithium grease. Use the silicone lubricant for drawer rollers, bike parts, door locks, and window tracks. Silicone lubricants dry quickly, do not leave any marks, and do not attract dirt. Use it for any surfaces that are made from metal, plastic, and rubber. Lithium grease, on the other hand, is long-lasting and water-resistant. It is perfect for use in garage doors, car doors, and other objects that are made from metal.
Hire only trained and experienced handyman to help you accomplish all the repairs that you need at home. Call The Handyman now to inquire about their services. You may reach us at (843) 286-5873.
Myrtle Beach, SC