This professional Myrtle Beach handyman guide will help guide you as you choose which specific type of wood flooring to install for your home. There are many different types of wood flooring, along with several things to consider, so the following will be helpful.
Many homeowners are now choosing wood floors over other types of flooring because of its many benefits as well as its ability to transform any home into a modern, fresh look.
According to many Myrtle Beach handyman professionals, board and batten is gradually becoming the top choice for finishing treatment in many residential homes. Homeowners seem to get hooked with the three-dimensional appeal it adds to both the interior and exterior of their homes.
Additionally, board and batten finishes also add a rustic and handmade look to a home’s exterior. So if you have a newly constructed home and are looking for that historic appeal, consider installing board and batten finishes.
Aside from the exterior of the house, board and batten finishes are commonly installed in the mudroom, hallway, bedrooms, and dining area for the impeccable style and flawless appeal it adds to a bland wall. Read More…
A mudroom may not be a necessity in every home but creating one with a professional Myrtle Beach handyman certainly adds value to a home. Many industry professionals highly recommend building your own mudroom to make your house more organized. It can also double as a command central, which prompts everyone in the household in being responsible in their daily chores and activities.
If you want to go ahead and make your own mudroom, here are some tips from a professional Myrtle Beach handyman that you might want to consider.
Make it warm and welcoming
The mudroom is usually the first thing that will greet members of the household, your guests, friends, and families. Thus, you want to make it as warm and welcoming as possible. Add a space heater or heat lamp to provide warmth in the room. These could also help dry damp coats and jackets.
If you don’t have a mudroom yet, enlist the assistance of your local Myrtle Beach handyman and get on to work with it. Although it’s not one of the primary rooms in a house, a mudroom provides lots of benefits for the entire household. Some homeowners make their mudrooms as their command center as well, in order to maximize the use of space inside the house and to make everything better organized.
For many homeowners, mudrooms allow them to efficiently avoid clutter in their entryway as well as to better organize their mail, coats, schoolbags, and shoes. Mudrooms also allow them to go about their daily schedule without much hassle and without forgetting things they needed to bring when they leave the house.
Make your home more organized this winter by creating a mudroom with the help of your Myrtle Beach handyman. It is important to have one specific area of the house where you and the rest of your household – as well as your guests – could hang coats, put away shoes and boots, hats, scarves and all other winter gear.
As the weather becomes colder, you and the rest of the family will be using your coats, boots, and other winter gear more often. Make it easier for the entire household to find their winter gear by designating a specific area in the house as a winter gear store room.
And since you are planning a mudroom, why not go a notch higher and make one that is not only an organized storage closet or staging area, but also a command central. This will really help each member of the household become organized and adapt to a daily routine of being neat and tidy.
Here are some tips from your local Myrtle Beach handyman to help you in planning for an organized command central.
1. Choose an area in the house that you find most frequently used by the entire family in getting inside and coming out of the house. Some suggestions include the kitchen or pantry area, the garage, and your utility or laundry room. If you have entry doors in your basement, you can also consider placing your mudroom there. The key to finding the best location is one that is most frequented and actually used by each member of the family.
2. Choose the most durable flooring that is available in your local market. Make sure it will be easy to clean. Expect your mudroom to always be dirty since this will be where most of the dirt will accumulate instead of being dragged and spread throughout inside your home.
3. If you want tiles as flooring for your mudroom, your local Myrtle Beach handyman recommends choosing nonslip tiles for improved safety and to minimize risks.
4. If you are looking for easy to clean flooring, you can opt for vinyl tiles or linoleum. These can be washed when dirty. So cleaning is a breeze. As an added tip, choose colors that effectively hide dirt so you won’t have to wash them more frequently.
5. If you are after easy maintenance, concrete flooring is your best bet. Concrete flowing can be easily cleaned and to make it more attractive, you could stain or paint it.
These are just some of the basic ideas on how to build a mudroom. Call Gordy the Handyman now to start planning for your own mudroom. Speak with one of their Professional Myrtle Beach handyman
Gordy The Handyman
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Providing you with unparalleled Myrtle Beach handyman services.